Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Updated: Films I want (need) to watch.

A while ago I made a post about films I want to watch this year. And since I've now added a few films to that list, and also deleted some, as I've now watched them, I thought I'd update the list.

Again, this post is inspired by THIS blog post by my good friend Cille. Even though it's in " ", I made up the text about the films, unless anything else is stated. Sorry if they're similar to any description found anywhere.



 The Hangover part III - 24.05.13:
"This time there's no wedding and no bachelor party. But a funeral. The Wolfpack are on their way to a place where Alan's gotta stay for a while, after the funeral. But things doesn't go as planned, as they get kidnapped by someone, who wants to know where Chow is. He's gotten himself out in some real trouble. The epic finale to the trilogy."

Actors: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong.

Well, this doesn't need much explanation, does it? I've watched the two other films, and I'm completely in love. Every time I've laughed so hard sitting in the cinema with my friends, whilst watching this. Once me and my friend were even the only ones in the entire cinema laughing really hard at a stupid joke. You just watch these films, or you don't live life. They're brilliant.
Also, Bradley Cooper's in it, and he's fucking hot. Just saying.

 The Wolverine - 26.07.13:
"Logan (better known as Wolverine) finds himself in Japan, where he meets an old enemy, with whom he'll fight, which leaves him changed forever, which leads him to confront his inner strugglings with not only emotionally stuff, but also his immortality."

Actors: Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen, Will Yun Lee, Brian Tee, Rila Fukushima.

This film is just a must-see for me. I love the X-men, so I have to watch this, even though I didn't get any of the film descriptions I read - as you can see, since I only wrote a very short (and confusing) summary. Oh, and did I mention that Hugh Jackman's also really hot.

Thor: The Dark World - 08.11.13:
"Thor has to save the Nine Realms from an enemy older than the entire universe itself. But someone's trying to bring the darkenss back to the universe, that Thor and the others from The Avengers fought to keep: Malekith and his race, who are Dark Elves, who even Odin can't slay. Once again Thor teams up with Jane Foster in the battle to fight Malekith and the Dark Elves and keep the universe a safe place."

Actors: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan SkarsgÄrd, Anthony Hopkins.

Again, sorry for a weird summary, but some summaries on the internet are really weird. Well, the first Thor film was quite alright, not one I loved, but it was just fine. So I'm a tad curious about this one, even though it does sound a bit lame. Guess I'll just watch this on the interwebz to avoid spending money.
What I strongly dislike about the Thor films and also The Avengers, is the weird interpretation of the Norse Mythology. I'm against letting people outside Scandinavia think we once believed in some insane sci:fi religion. There are just so many wrong elements it almost hurts watching these films, but I want to know what I'm up against. 

 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 13.12.13:
"After successfully crossing over the Misty Mountains, Thorin, Bilbo and Co must seek aid from a powerful stranger before taking on the dangers of Mirkwood Forest - without their Wizard. If they reach the human settlement of Lake-town it will be time for Bilbo to fulfill his contract with the dwarves. The party must complete the journey to Lonely Mountain and burglar Baggins must seek out the Secret Door that will give them access to the hoard of the dragon Smaug." (x)

Actors: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom.

Just have to mention that at this point I'm now fed up with summaries you don't get, unless you know everything about the film, so I copied this one. Moving on!
This film is a must see if... No, actually, it's just a must see for everyone. No excuses! I love everything that has something to do with the books of the brilliant Tolkien, so of course I will love this movie. After that's out, I will also have to mention than The Hobbit hasn't beaten any of the LotR films so far, in my book.
Oh, and Orlando Bloom's in this film, which makes me really happy.

2 comments: