Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This is a wasteland, my only retreat.


"With Heaven above you there's Hell over me".



I'm pretty sure everyone has a place they prefer to be. Some place that's sacred to them, that brings them peace and happiness, a place where they can escape all their problems and think about nothing but good things. For some it's their room, for others it's the internet, a plane, some place outside, anything, whereve
r you'd like it to be.

For me, my special place is a concert. With what band? Well, that doesn't matter, as long as I like the music and I'm there with some of my friends. To me, I can let go of the problems and bad thoughts of the everyday life for just a short while, when I'm at a concert. I think about nothing but the band playing, the lyrics, the instruments, what they say between the songs, how passionated they look when they're playing.. It's like I'm not even thinking, my brain just goes on autopilot but it's still aware of everything around me.

It's really hard to describe this feeling to anyone who doesn't feel the same about concerts. But then I'll refer to the thing about the special place. I ask them if they have their own little sacred place, and I ask them how they feel when they're at their special place. 

It's a relief to be able to forget about stress and problems, even if it's just for a short while. At the same time I get to experience something really great and rare (when it comes to international bands), and sometimes I even get to meet my idols and tell them how much they mean to me. What could be much better than that? Music is a huge part of my life, even though I don't play any instrument myself nor sing. It still means a crapload to me. 

I'd love to know what other people's sacred places are, as mine means a lot to me, so it'd be interesting to learn about other people's as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment