Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My first time.

This post is inspired by, well, every YouTuber I've seen doing these videos. It was a thing they did a while ago and I suddenly remembered it and thought it'd be kind of fun to do my own little version of this. So here you go!

First concert.
The first concert I went to on my own was Cinema Bizarre back in 2008, I think. I sat in the queue for a long time, as you do, with two of my old friends whom I no longer speak to, but I remember it as a lovely day. They played at Lille Vega in Copenhagen, which is the venue where I've seen most bands live. I don't remember much of the show, but I seem to recall it was a really good one. I do remember that they were acting silly and connecting well with the crowd. I didn't get to meet any of them, because I did a what was later known as a Tville - I simply left before the band came out from the venue. And yes, the Tville was a phrase that was used by my friends whenever we were talking about concerts. Luckily it's not a thing anymore.

First album.
I'm not even sure what the first album I bought myself was, but the first album I remember buying myself was Elephunk by Black Eyed Peas. Yeah, that's kind of odd to me as well. I apparently had a phase where I liked them a lot. I don't remember it too well, though. I do still enjoy their music from time to time, but it's not something I actively listen to and I probably wouldn't attend a concert with them if they ever came to Denmark, just because it'd probably be more than I could afford.

First journey.
The first time I ever left the country without my parents was back in 2008 when I went to Budapest, Hungary with my classmates, some teachers and a few parents to kids in my class. It was a trip that brought us even closer together even though it was our last year in school before college and all, but we all enjoyed it a lot and we got to see different sides of each other.
The first time I left the country without any adults - besides myself - was when I went to Dublin, Ireland in the summer of 2012. It was only a weekend and I was supposed to attend concerts, but they got cancelled just before we left. Nonetheless it was a nice trip which was spent shopping and hanging in bars. And Dublin is such a beautiful city!

First accident.
It was when I was two years old (I think) and hit my head so hard I had to get stitches, but I honestly don't remember anything from that episode and my parents haven't told me much about it. I have a weird memory of me sitting in a chair and then somehow falling off it, but I'm not sure that's what really happened. Basically my childhood is one big blur of real memories and dreams I've apparently had. Weird, huh.

First sibling.
This was of course my baby brother, who was born in early 1996. Our parents have told us that I apparently treated him very well when he was a baby and I was two years old. I never hit him, I never made him cry and I loved playing with him. Later on when we were older we never got into real fights, neither with words nor fists, but we always always always had stupid discussions about things that didn't matter at all. But we'd always be good friends again minutes later. I remember that we always knew how the other one was feeling, even though I don't recall us talking about our feelings even once. Much later he was joined by my dad's girlfriend's kids and I really hope they've come to stay because I love them like they're my real siblings.

First kiss.
If the little pecks in kindergarten with boyfriends people had back then counts, then I assume it was with my boyfriend at the time. I don't actually remember it, but I know we did kiss. But if that one doesn't count I honestly don't remember who my first real kiss was. I have absolutely no idea who it was, where it was, when it was or how it was. It could've been between the ages 12-15, because that's the few years of my life where I don't remember much. It's one big blur, worse than my childhood. But I literally don't remember and hearing what everyone tells about their first kiss and how terrible it was, I'm actually glad I don't remember. I do remember my first drunk kiss, though.

First time I got drunk.
This was in 2009 when I was 15 and it was at the party our classmates threw when our last day of school before the exams started. We'd been out at a restaurant for dinner with our teachers and that was really nice. After that we parted ways with our teachers and went home to one of my classmates, who threw the party in his basement. I don't even remember what I had been drinking, only that it was also the first time I ever tasted tequila, which I really didn't like and I still don't. I ended up vomiting on the street and lying on the pavement with my head resting in my at the time best friend's lap. He sobered up because I was drunk for the first time and he had to take care of me, which was so sweet. My mum picked me up a bit after midnight and I remember that I had to concentrate really hard to not puke everywhere in the car. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment