Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Films I want (need) to watch.

This post is inspired by THIS blog post by my good friend Cille. Even though it's in " ", I made up the text about the films. Sorry if they're similar to any description found anywhere.

So this year isn't just a good year for concerts. It's also a good year for different films I want - or need - to watch. There's a few of them already.


Warm Bodies - 07.02.13:
"This world is filled with zombies after the apocolypse. Including the boy named R. He can't talk and he eats brains like every other zombie. But he meets a girl, Julie, the girlfriend of one of his victims to be more exact, who suddenly makes him feel again. Almost like a real guy.

Actors: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Plamer, Dave Franco, John Malkovich, Analeigh Tipton and so on."

I personally can't wait to watch this film. It's on my list of films that I can't live without watching. Why? Well, first of all because of Nicholas Hoult. I mean, have you seen the guy? He's so breathtakingly hot! And he's in one of my favourite shows ever: Skins. He's in the first generation, which is my favourite. He's an upcoming actor and I hope for him that he'll get many great offers and be in a lot of amazing movies.
Also because the plot sounds really amazing and it's a mix of different genres: comedy, horror and romance. 


Jagten (The Hunt) - 10.01.13:
"Lucas lives in the suburbs as he's just getting over a divorce. Everything seems to be fine: he gets a job in the local kindergarten and he has even found a woman he likes. But his entire life gets ruined by his best friend's daugther, who's in the kindergarten he works at, as she tells a lie about Lucas, since she has no idea exactly how much it'll ruin his life."

Actors: Mads Mikkelsen (foreign people might know him from James Bond), Thomas Bo Larsen, Annika Wedderkop, Ole Dupont, Louise Hassing.

This movie is Danish. Usually Danish films aren't too good in my eyes, but this one just sounds so good! It's directed by Thomas Vinterberg, whom I personally think is quite good at making films. It seems quite dark and sad, but I don't know if us Danes just like to make films like that, haha. I'll watch this soon, I hope!

Les Miséables - 21.03.13:
"This musical takes place in France in the 19th century. It's about a man named Jean Valjaen, who's been a slave for 19 years, but finally escapes. He becomes mayor of a city and meets Fantine, who's become a prostitute to earn money for her daugther Cosette, who lives with some inn keepers. Jean is hunted by the policeman Javert for many years. As Fantine dies, Jean takes Cosette in as his own daugther, and together they're on the run from Javert. Cosette grows up and meets a man named Marius, whom, with his friends, wants to start a revolution."

Actors: Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Russel Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne.

For some reason this film won't be released in Denmark until March, which is really weird. I've already watched this film, just because I couldn't wait, but I still want to watch it in the cinema, when it comes out. Just for the experience. I literally sobbed almost all the way through this film, not mentioning that I watched it in the am (where I'm for some reason more emotional). I mainly wanted to watch this film because of Eddie Redmayne, with whom I have a really big obsession with at the moment. But then I saw the other actors of it and I was sold. I mean, they're all so great! 

The Great Gatsby - 16.05.13:
"This film takes place in the 20's, where we follow the young Nick Carraway, who moves to Long Island. There his new neighbour is the rich Jay Gatsby. They quickly become friends and Nick becomes a part of Jay's world with all the drama, obsession and tragedy."

Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher, Joel Edgerton, Gemma Ward, Jason Clarke.

Most people hate it when they have to read a book for a class in school, and they will never ever ever touch it ever again. But I read some of The Great Gatsby around two years ago in school and I found it quite interesting. Which is one of the reasons why I want to watch this film. And I even watched some of the old film from 1974, which was kind of amusing. Of course I also wanna watch it because of the amazing actors. I mean, Leo and Tobey, who doesn't want to watch them??

No comments:

Post a Comment