Monday, January 7, 2013

Flashback: 2012.

2012 was a great year for me. I tried a lot of new things, travelled to different countries and went to a bunch of concerts, which is just what I love to do.

First of all I graduated from my school on the 25th of June, which you can call high school or college or whatever (it's hard to explain). I'd been struggling the last three years with that, experiencing a lot of failures, but luckily I also had some successful experiences. Well, a few. My exams sucked balls, but that's alright, since you will always have another chance, which is so good about living in Denmark. 
But three days later I got run over by a bike and smashed my face and two of my teeth, which would have ruined pretty much everything for some people, but I was fine with it. Except for the fact that I looked like I'd gotten beaten with a bat.

25/06 2012.
I went to a lot of concerts in 2012, mostly with small, local bands because I know a few people who play in bands, and they played a lot of gigs in the fall. I brought Cille with me to most of those concerts. Besides those small bands. I also saw one of my favourite bands thrice, which I'm really thankful for. Yep, it's The Dead Lay Waiting.
First time I saw them in 2012 was in June in Kolding, where they had to sleep at Emma's house. Which was both a huge mistake and one of the best things we've ever decided to offer anyone. It was like the three of us were babysitters for a bunch of 5-year-olds, 7 of them to be more exact. Which is really exhausting. Trying to make them shut up and sleep, organising who could shower when and cleaning up after them. 

The picture below pretty much describes the entire weekend: Tom, the drummer pointing and smiling at Cille because she said his hat was nice, right before flipping the bird at me for saying it wasn't nice.

01.06.2012

I went out of the country twice in 2012: to Dublin, Ireland and to Bristol, England. Dublin was only for a weekend, but it was enough for me to fall completely in love with the city, and I definitely know that I'm going back some day. I went there with Cille and Emma and we were actually supposed to see The Dead Lay Waiting live three times, but they canceled.
You can read about my trip to Bristol in previous blog posts. All I'll say here is that it was the most amazing four weeks of my life and I can't wait to get back.

14/10 - 11/11 2012
20/07 2012 - 23/07 2012

Besides doing all these nice things that I just pointed out, I also spent a lot of time with my lovely friends - and I made a bunch of new ones! Of course some Danish ones, but mostly I've made new friends from all over the world: from Colombia to England, from Germany to Korea, from Sweden to Japan and many other countries.. It's amazing how many new people you meet at a language course in another country. 

09/11 2012

I'm looking forward to a lot of things in 2013. I will be going to loads of gigs, four are already planned. I'll also be going to England at least three times, and maybe even to another country, who knows? 
But I'm also a bit afraid of this year. Why? Because I'm applying for university really soon. And that scares the shit out of me. But I hope that I'll get a place, wherever in Denmark it'll be, and that I will have one of my best friends by my side. 





No comments:

Post a Comment