Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Concert tag.

So by request from Cille, who also did this on her blog here, I'm now doing the concert tag and answering the questions as good as I can. Just gonna warn you, I'm not going to count anything because I simply can't be bothered checking. Every number I give is not exact and if I forget to mention some bands, I'm very sorry.

Here we go!

What was the last concert you attended?
Imagine Dragons in Vega, Copenhagen. 


What bands have you seen in concerts most times, and how many times?
The Dead Lay Waiting, 5 times. 3 in Denmark and 2 in England. Seeing them for the 6th time in July in England.



Do you have any setlists? From which bands?
I have one, I've just recently discovered how to get my hands on band stuff after the concerts. Yes, I'm really slow.
The one I have is from the You Me At Six concert in Denmark back in 2010.


Are there any CDs in close proximity to you? Which ones?
Dark Eyes by Half Moon Run. The other CDs I have are further away.


What band are you in the mood to see live right this second?
Must say the same as Cille here: The Dead Lay Waiting. I'm always in the mood to see them live, because I just miss them so much. They're a bunch of really nice guys and their gigs are just so amazing and energetic.

Have you ever been on a tour bus?
Nope - but the closest I've ever gotten to a tour bus is the tour van of The Dead Lay Waiting. Been in that twice now. 


Have you ever partied with a band?
Yep. The Dead Lay Waiting, Fearless Vampire Killers, Ashestoangels, Fatal Smile, Scarred By Beauty (kinda).. Yeah, pretty much the same as Cille ;-)


How many towns have you seen concerts in?
Not many, actually. 2 in England and 2-3 different here in Denmark. I live in Copenhagen where most concerts I wanna see are held, so I haven't travelled a lot to see bands. Not that I've never wanted to travel to another country, but I've never had the money. Before now.


How many venues have you seen bands play live in?
Oh my, what a question! Kinda requires me to count, doesn't it? Wow Idk, around 15-20 different, I think? A lot of them more than once.


Which CD are you addicted to at the moment?
Mostly listening to Pierce The Veil's "Collide With The Sky", System Of A Down's "Toxicity", Half Moon Run's "Dark Eyes" and LMFAO's "Sorry For Party Rocking" atm.


Who is one band that you used to like, but now you can't stand?
You know what, I don't actually feel like that about any bands/artists I've ever liked. Not even the ones I was a fan of like 10 years ago. I just don't regret listening to any bands and I don't think I would ever turn against any of the bands I've listened to a lot, and suddenly think they were really bad.


Have you ever been on anyone's guest list? Who's?
Been on the guest list of the 2nd concert with Cinema Bizarre in Denmark back in 2010 because I had won a M&G. And then The Dead Lay Waiting's guest list at the concert in Exeter last year in October because they asked if Cille and I had bought tickets yet, and we hadn't, so they put us on the guest list (which they hadn't had the chance to hand in by the time we arrived, so we were kinda awkwardly just standing there, until the security man thingy said it was alright and we were let in).


Last band person you got a picture with?
Ryan Walker and Ben McKee from Imagine Dragons, mostly because my friend wanted us to have some pictures together. Before that it was actually Kier Kemp from Fearless Vampire Killers.

Do you consider yourself a groupie?
Dear god no, hahaha! No one ever accused me of being that, luckily. And I would never be such a thing. I might be friends with a lot of underground bands from Denmark, and even a few bigger ones from England, but I would honestly never sleep with anyone, just because they were famous. If I wanted to recklessly have sex with someone for just one night, it would be because they were handsome and charming as fuck. Then being famous would just be an extra bonus and not something I would care about. 


How old were you when you went to your first concert?
I must've been 10 or 11. And yes, back then my mum, my friend and her mum went with us. 


Who was it?
A Danish hip hop/RnB duo, who I'm no longer a fan of, and hasn't been in quite a while now.


Which artists haven't you seen yet that you want to see?
That list is really long. But on top of it is Of Mice And Men, Pierce The Veil (who I'll see next month), Slipknot (who I'll hopefully see in July), 30 Seconds To Mars (who I'll see in June), Muse and Justin Timberlake.


What band do you own the most merch of?
Well, I don't own much merch. I've never really spent money on it. What have I spent my money on through the years, then? Yeah, I have no idea.
The only bands I have t-shirts with are My Chemical Romance and Black Veil Brides (get out of my wardrobe pls), and then I have a You Me At Six pick necklace and keychain. Unofficial, bought off eBay.


Do you ever do anything crazy at shows?
Well, one time I showed my tits for a backstage pass......
No. Not really. The craziest things I do are crying (which rarely happens, only did so once or twice) and headbanging. I'm not even taking parts in the moshpits, because I have some fragile teeth, and I don't want to break anything. And I don't think fighting (or hitting/kicking/pinching/biting/pulling/whatevs) brings any good to me at a concert.


What are your favourite venues to go to shows at?
I like Raahuset, BETA, Vega and KB18 in Copenhagen (miss The Rock, rip) and The Croft in Bristol, even though I've only been there once for a TDLW/FVK/Ashestoangels gig. There was just something about it. And then it was in Stokes Croft, and I adore that place (mostly in daylight, though).


What bands do you have the most performance pictures of?
I no longer take too many pictures at concerts, but I think it must be like Tokio Hotel or something. Since I practically watched the entire Cinema Bizarre concert in 2010 through my camera, I'd say that, but I think I've lost the pictures I took at that concert.


Would you ever get a tattoo representing a band?
Yes. The two tattoos I'm definitely gonna get are Pierce The Veil and You Me At Six related. And I'm probably getting even more band related tattoos, for like My Chemical Romance and such.


How many concerts do you average a year?Around 10-15, I think. If I count all of them, even the really small ones with my friends' bands playing.

Upcoming shows?
Pierce The Veil x 2 in England, Cold Black x 2 (for now, probably gonna go to way more the rest of this year), Chaos For Cause festival, (hopefully) Roskilde festival and Macklemore.

No comments:

Post a Comment