Sunday, April 28, 2013

TV show addict.




As some of you might know, I'm quite into some TV shows lately. I haven't actually been watching shows for that long, it has only been a year and a half, since I started watching them on a daily basis.

What started the avalanche for me was How I Met Your Mother, which is, to this day, still my favourite TV show. The reason I started watching it regularly was because I had seen a few random episodes in TV, and some of my friends talked a lot about it, and I thought, why not.. And I'm really glad I did so.

When I had caught up with the show, I remember that I felt kind of weird and empty. What was I supposed to do now? Kind of the same feeling as when you finish a book. So I found another show to watch. And then another. And then another.....
And now I'm just in this black hole filled with TV shows, and every time I finish or catch up with a show, I'll find a new one to watch. It's actually kind of hard to remember to watch all these shows every week. Sometimes I wait a few weeks so I'll have more episodes of the same show, because I like it better when I can just watch it whenever I want.

The shows I'm currently watching are The Vampire Diaries, Misfits, Skins, Pretty Little Liars, Big Bang Theory and, of course, How I Met Your Mother. I've actually only tried that a show ended while I was watching it once, and that was the weirdest experience ever. It was Gossip Girl. And I had enjoyed it so much while watching it. I'll probably go back and watch it some day.

I don't know, TV shows have just somehow become a really big part of my life. By accident, I like to say. Because I did not intend to become addicted to TV shows. I rarely ever go more than one-two days without watching at least one episode of something. Oops?

No comments:

Post a Comment