Monday, February 17, 2014

Real Techniques.

For a long time I've been really tired of applying my foundation with a sponge. I don't know why, but it annoys me quite a bit, which is a bid odd, to be honest. So I went looking for alternatives, but every single foundation brush I found were all flat, which I didn't really understand. I bought a cheap one anyway and ended up only applying my foundation with that once, because it was even worse than a sponge. 

So when my friend told me about iHerb and how she had a discount code that gave me 5% off the price (it's not much but it's something!) I figured I could just as well buy the Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection brushes. I heard about them for the first time in one of Tanya Burr's YouTube videos and when I found them in Boots they were too expensive for me to buy, I think it was about £20-something for a package. But on iHerb I got the Core Collection for less than a tenner, which surprised me, but also made me really happy, obviously. 



Since the foundation brush in this collection is also flat, I'm using the blush brush to apply my foundation and a different brush from E.L.F to apply blush. Lately I've been applying more make-up when I'm heading out than just foundation on my skin, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner on my eyes. Contouring can be fun and I definitely think it can look pretty, if done right. Since I've just started practicing I'm sure I'm not doing it right, but oh well. I'll learn it. Someday.

I've already used all of the brushes (except the foundation one, what would I use that one for) which I started doing the day the package arrived actually, and I absolutely love it. I feel like applying foundation all the time, even on days where I'm not going anywhere, just because it feels so much more nice to apply it with a brush. I can definitely recommend the Core Collection to anyone who wants a nice way to apply their foundation and other skin make-up essentials!



No comments:

Post a Comment