Sunday, April 27, 2014

Clothing lines.

Now, I'm not that kind of person who buys something just because of the brand and I honestly never thought I'd be the person to say that a certain kind of brand generally appeals to me. I'd always thought I'd just stick to different shops and buy whatever I found fit enough for me regardless of the brand.

But lately (which in this case means the last three or so years) I've found myself becoming more fond of certain clothing brands. I must admit that I'm kinda judging myself for liking these brands, mostly because the only reason I know about them are some of the founders, who are all in different bands. I won't say I like the clothes just because I like the bands and there are of course clothes I don't like, but it's thanks to those bands and their members that I like the clothing brands. So I'm just gonna give you a cheeky little list over my favourite clothing brands!

Firstly I'd like to mention the clothing brand called Cheer Up Clothing, which was the first one I discovered. It's founded by Matt Barnes from You Me At Six and his friend Edward Thomas and is based in London. I have bought a few things from there, the latest being a rucksack I'll show to you whenever it arrives. The first ever item I bought from them was back in 2010 when I'd seen You Me At Six live for the first time and Matt was reppin one of their t-shirts - so of course, as the fangirl I was, I had to own that particular t-shirt. Unfortunately I have no idea where it is today. 
The clothes they make are quite simple but also very stylish. They usually cover pretty much everything you could need, from t-shirts, to shirts, to hoodies, to crop tops and even socks. I really like their work and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future will bring for them. Their latest collection is called Space and is for spring/summer time - and no, it's not what you think with all those galaxy things going on (is that even still a thing? Yeah I know nothing about fashion). I can only recommend people to check them out!


Second brand I'm gonna give a cheeky little mention is Love Before Glory. It was established in 2006 by Jaxin Hall, a Kiwi kid with a big dream. Today they are based in SoCal. Santa Ana to be more exact. Jaxin is joined by his best friend Tony Perry from Pierce The Veil and they are both working hard to make this and their other brand Key Street going. Their clothes represent who they are and what they like a lot - for example they have a few stuff with turtles and even a t-shirt that's Star Wars related, which Tony (and Jaxin as well I assume) really like. And over at Key Street they're doing some magic with pheasants at the moment, which means a lot to Jaxin.
One thing that's unfortunate about this clothing brand is the price of the shipping. If you live outside the US it's insanely expensive, which is quite the bummer if you really want some of their clothes. Also they don't have a lot of stuff for the ladies, but if you, like me, don't really care if your t-shirt or hoodie is actually supposed to be clinging to the body of a man, you should go ahead and check out their stuff.


Last, but definitely not least, is Become Antique. It's based in London as well and was established in 2010 by Henri Pickersgill and Max Helyer from You Me At Six. I've read somewhere that the idea of their brand was to make products that once they sold out would never be for sale again - hence the name Antique. But fortunately that's not the case with them as it is today. They're moving forward quickly and it's well deserved. Their clothes are, like the Cheer Up clothes, simple yet stylish. One unfortunate thing with this brand is that, just like LBG, they don't have a lot of stuff for the ladies. It has luckily become better with their newest spring/summer collection with jewelry, leggings and whatnot. So if you're up for it and just the least bit curious, go and check them out!


All in all I would say the style of all three clothing companies are simple yet stylish. It's kind of mostly black/grey/navy colours, with a wee bit of coloursplash in the spring/summer collections. If I should put a label on it, it'd be sort of like skater clothes or some shizz, I don't even know man.

Quick little pro tip: if you like a clothing brand that a certain band member that you also like is a part of, why not go ahead and buy your favourite piece of clothing (or any other product they make) and wear/bring it for the gig. It's a great conversation starter if you meet that certain band member and you're lost with words, and I can assure you it will make them extremely happy to see you reppin their brand. I speak from personal experience, so I can be trusted. Pro tip over! Now go and check out those clothing brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment