Thursday, April 3, 2014

The end of an era.

So for years and years, I don't even remember how many exactly, there has been one TV show that has been standing out to me. That TV show is How I Met Your Mother. It was the first TV show I started to watch both randomly whenever it was on TV and also the first one I started to watch regularly. Most of my friends know and like the show, both old and new friends, so I've always been able to make jokes about it to them. It's just my favourite show. Ever.

And that TV show has had 9 seasons. It ended on Monday, the 31st of March, where two episodes aired in a row, the last ones ever. I have to admit my expectations to the ending were pretty high, since the rest of the show has been amazingly brilliant. But I was definitely disappointed...

I won't give away anything, no spoilers are to be seen on this blog, but honestly it was an ending that I really didn't expect and I didn't like it at all. It had been building up to one thing happening the entire show and then you'd expect that to be the ending, but nope. That being said I get why they made the plot twist the way they did.. I just don't like it.

This is only the second time ever I witness a TV show finale and it's even worse than the first time. No more Tuesdays (Monday evenings in America) spent watching the newest HIMYM episode, no more discussing what will happen in the upcoming episodes with friends, no more. 

Pathetic as I am I cried during every single episode of season 9. Yeah, told you it was pathetic. But it's just been one hell of a ride. I will never stop loving that show and I will always go back and watch it from the very first episode again, if I have the time.

I would like to thank all the members of the cast of the show, especially Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan for bringing the characters so much legendary awesomeness. And a huge thank you to the producers, directors and writers for making such a brilliant show.I request the highest of fives!

It's been legen.... wait for it... DARY!


No comments:

Post a Comment