Sunday, December 2, 2012

Road To Manila.

Yesterday Emma and I went to see a Danish band live in Copenhagen. They're called Road To Manila and their music is actually pretty awesome.

We'd already seen them twice before - both times as a supporting band for The Dead Lay Waiting, once in November last year in Copenhagen and another in June this year in Kolding. But both of those times TDLW kind of had my attention and I didn't really focus too much on the supporting bands. But Emma asked me if I wanted to come with her, because she had discovered how awesome they really are, and I said yes, because, well.. It's a concert and I didn't dislike them. They made a mini CD back in August and I downloaded the songs (for free on their website!) and listened to them, which made me realise that they were in fact pretty good. But seeing them live yesterday, focusing all my attention on them made me realise exactly how awesome they were.

So of course we had to buy some of their merch. We actually only planned to buy their CD since they were pretty cheap, but their old demo was free, and then they convinced us to buy two t-shirts. We only did that because we could get them for half prize, haha!

If you feel like it, you can check them out HERE and HERE. I promise their music is good! If you're worrying about the genre, I can tell you that they see their own music as melodic hardcore.


No comments:

Post a Comment